|CrossWind ATR chassis for 3U VPX boards|
Sunnyvale, CA— February 19, 2012 —PCI-SYSTEMS Inc., a leading supplier of conduction cooled VPX systems, has been awarded by a prime contractor based in Hollywood, MD, to deliver high density, low weight CrossWind ATR chassis with multiple CPU boards and integrated 16 channel Ethernet switch.
Based on the CrossWind cold plate and forced air cooled ATR chassis, the system uses a PCIe Gen2 bus structure with STAR topology. Intel based i7 boards and Freescale 4080 PowerPC boards are controlling MILbus, ARINC and serial I/O boards. A integrated 16 channel Gigabit Ethernet switch is connected to several slots and to the rear I/O on MIL connectors.
“High speed data transfers on PCIe Gen 2 and Gen 3 switch fabric in a STAR configuration offer the lowest latency by tightly coupling all PCIe devices to a common 100MHz reference clock,” states Claus Gross, President of PCI Systems Inc.,”it allows CPU and peripheral boards to communicate with the fastest data rate”.
The leightweight 3U VPX chassis are used in demonstrating automated aircraft carrier landings with F18 fighter aircraft.
The high density, low weight CrossWind ATR chassis system features:
• 6 slots 3U VPX plus Power supply slot
• I7 Intel based CPU and Freescale 4080 CPU boards
• Modular Backplane, STAR configuration, bus analyzer integrated
• PCIe Gen 2 “noStub” routing
• GPS integrated
• 1Hz GPS clock available on each backplane slot
• 3 axis shock sensor and chassis management FPGA integrated
• 8/16 lanes per slot PCIe Gen2
• 12 redundant MILbus channels and 16 ARINC channels integrated
• 16 channel Gigabit Ethernet switch including magnetic designed in.
PCI-SYSTEMS Inc. develops and manufactures intelligent VPX Systems, cPCI, CPU and peripheral boards as well as advanced mechanical design solutions in the US and Germany for many platforms that provide precision control of robotic and automated equipment in the semiconductor, medical and industrial equipment markets as well as for ruggedized embedded OEM applications in airborne and defense applications.