CONCORD, NH & SAN JOSE, CA – BittWare, the leader in Altera-based FPGA COTS boards, and PLDA, the industry leader in PCIe and interconnect solutions, announced today that they have entered into a global Value Added Reseller (VAR) agreement to combine PLDA’s IP cores including a 10G TCP/IP Offload Engine Hardware Stack (QuickTCP), 10G UDP Hardware Stack (QuickUDP) and PCI Express DMA core as part of an integrated solution on BittWare’s Stratix V embedded COTS hardware. The combined solution is ideal for applications such as financial acceleration, High Performance Computing and high volume networking that require a complete solution built to deliver low latency and complete CPU offload.
The PLDA and BittWare partnership will provide their joint, global customer base with the industry’s most complete acceleration platform, including a complete set of IP cores combined with performance-optimized hardware. The solution will enable customers to increase their time-to-market through use of a proven and flexible acceleration platform solution.
“PLDA has a proven history of providing IP cores to enable FPGA designers to significantly decrease their design time,” stated Darren Taylor, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales & Marketing at BittWare. “BittWare is very excited to be working with PLDA, enabling us to provide a complete solution to our customers. PLDA’s PCIe, TCP/IP and UDP IP Cores integrate seamlessly with BittWare’s Altera Stratix V embedded COTS hardware, giving our customers the solution they need quickly and efficiently.”
“BittWare is one of the leading Altera Stratix board designers in the industry,” said Arnaud Schleich, CEO of PLDA. “We are very pleased to be partnering with BittWare. The quality of their products and the breadth of their product offering is the perfect complement to our line of IP cores. The combination of the two will be a welcome solution for our customers.”
About PLDA’s IP Cores
– PCIe endpoint DMA controller (QuickPCIe) with Avalon streaming interfaces for Altera V series provides the best plug and play IP in the market today
– Complete PCI Express Gen3/Gen2/Gen1 Endpoint/root port/switch (XpressRICH3) x8/x4/x2/x1 soft IP solution for Altera FPGA
– PLDA 10G TCP Hardware Stack (QuickTCP) high performance, low-latency 10G TCP/IP full-hardware Stack IP providing a cost-effective way to implement full hardware TCP/IP offload
– PLDA 10G UDP Hardware Stack (QuickUDP) high performance, low-latency 10G UDP full-hardware Stack IP, compliant with the IEEE802.3 specification and supporting the ARP, IPv4, ICMP, IGMP, and UDP protocols
About BittWare’s Stratix V Hardware
BittWare’s S5 boards are a family of PCIe and VPX cards based on the high-bandwidth, power-efficient Altera Stratix V FPGA. The following boards are available in BittWare’s S5 board family:
– S5-PCIe-HQ: Stratix V GX/GS x8 PCIe half-size card with QDRII/II+, DDR3, dual QSFP+
– S5-PCIe-DS: Dual Stratix V GX/GS x16 PCIe card with RLDRAM3, DDR3, QDRII+, and quad QSFP+
– S5-PCIe-F: Stratix V GX/GS x8 PCIe card with RLDRAM3, DDR3, QDRII+, VITA-57 FMC site, and expansion site with multiple SerDes and GPIO
– S5-PCIe: Stratix V GX/GS x8 PCIe card with DDR3, dual QSFP+
– S5-6U-VPX: Rugged Altera Stratix V GX/GS 6U VPX Board with ARM and two VITA-57 FMC I/O Sites
PLDA designs and sells intellectual property (IP) cores and prototyping tools for ASIC and FPGA that aim to accelerate time-to-market for embedded electronic designers. PLDA specializes in high-speed interface protocols and technologies such as PCIe, and Ethernet. PLDA provides IP cores with a complete set of tools, including FPGA production-ready and prototyping cards, System-on-Module components, drivers, APIs and testbenches. These products benefit from a global support and sales organization able to sustain over 2,000 ASIC and FPGA customers worldwide. PLDA is a global company with offices in North America (San Jose, California) and in Europe (France, Italy, and Bulgaria). For more information on PLDA and its products, please visit www.plda.com.
About BittWare, Inc.
For 25 years, BittWare has designed and deployed high-end signal processing, network processing, and high performance computing board-level solutions that significantly reduce technology risk and time-to revenue for our OEM customers. Our solutions are exclusively based on the latest FPGA technology from Altera and industry-standard COTS form factors including PCIe, VPX / OpenVPX, AMC, XMC and FMC (VITA 57). When customer requirements make it difficult to use industry-standard boards, BittWare can provide modified solutions, and/or licensed designs for applications in the financial, communications, instrumentation and military/aerospace markets. For more information on BittWare and its innovative FPGA COTS solutions, visit www.bittware.com.