As part of its expanding line of embedded I/O products, TEWS introduces a fast growing range of XMC networking products. The TXMC888, a Switched Mezzanine Card (XMC) compatible module designed for applications in transportation, COTS, communications, and process control provides a two channel 10 Gigabit Ethernet Enhanced Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP+) interface.
The XMC-Connector P15 provides access to the Intel™ 82599ES dual port 10GbE controller via an x8 PCIe link. The TXMC888’s SFP+ Cages accept various SFP and SFP+ transceiver modules which are available directly from the respective manufacturers. These two SFP+ hosts are connected to the Ethernet Controller’s SFI Interfaces.
The following transceiver modules have been successfully tested with the TXMC888:
• Intel XDACBL1M (SFP+ Direct Attach Twinaxial Cable)
• Finisar FCBG110SD1C01 (SFP+ SFPwire Active Optical Cable)
• Intel E10GSFPSR (SFP+ 10GBASE-SR or 1000BASE-SX)
• Finisar FTLX8571D3BCV (SFP+ 10GBASE-SR or 1000BASE-SX)
• Intel E10GSFPLR (SFP+ 10GBASE-LR or 1000BASE-LX)
• Finisar FTLX1471D3BCV (SFP+ 10GBASE-LR or 1000BASE-LX)
• Finisar FCLF8522P2BTL (SFP 1000BASE-T)
Other transceiver modules might work, but have not been tested.
The controller is equipped with a 1 Mbit serial flash memory for Boot ROM and a 128 Kbit EEPROM storing configuration data. LEDs in the front panel indicate the different network activities.
For preconfigured variants of the hardware module containing transceiver modules, please contact TEWS. Minimum quantities may apply.