In 2017, Annapolis introduced four high-performance FPGA boards that integrate a powerful Xilinx Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC (Zync+) controller. The quad-core ARM’s higher performance eliminates the need for a separate Single Board Computer (SBC) in many digital signal processing systems.
The Zynq+ features a 64-bit quad-core ARM® Cortex-A53 running up to 1.3 GHz, plus a dual-core 32-bit Cortex-R5 real-time processor running up to 533 MHz. This is a significant upgrade from the Zync-7000 SoC.
The Zynq+ memory bandwidth also surges, with DDR4 DRAM now running up to 1200 MHz.
In addition to higher performance, the Zynq+ is Xilinx’s most secure solution – it has multiple levels of hardware and software security.
The four new Annapolis boards with Zynq+ are spread across three form factors – 6U OpenVPX, 3U OpenVPX, and PCIe – and are available in air or conduction-cooled configurations.
Review data sheets and block diagrams for these boards here:
- WILDSTAR UltraKVP ZP 3PE for 6U OpenVPX
- WILDSTAR UltraKVP ZP 2PE for 6U OpenVPX
- WILDSTAR UltraKVP ZP DRAM for 3U OpenVPX
- WILDSTAR UltraKVP ZP for PCIe
- Three (6U) or one (3U) Xilinx Ultrascale(+) FPGAs
- Hard 8x (6U) or 4x (3U) PCIe Gen3 endpoint for DMA and register access
- FPGAs programmable from attached flash or Annapolis provided software API
- 16 or 20-nm copper CMOS process
- DDR4 DRAM ports on all FPGAs running up to 2400 MT/s
- Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC Controller
- Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 running up to 1.3GHz
- Dual-core 32-bit Cortex-R5 processor running up to 533 MHz
- 4 GB (6U) or 2 GB (3U) 64-bit (6U) or 32-bit (3U) DDR4 memory running up to 1200 MHz
- Multiple levels of hardware and software security
- A Full BSP using Open Project Builder for Fast and Easy Application Development
- System Management
- Hot Swappable
OpenVPX Backplane I/O
- 24 (6U) or 20 (3U) HSS IO lanes to VPX Backplane for 60 (6U) or 50 (3U) GB/s of Full Duplex Bandwidth
- Two PCIe Gen3 8x (6U) or 4x (3U) Connections to VPX Backplane
- Backplane Protocol Agnostic connections support 10/40Gb Ethernet, IB capable, AnnapMicro protocol and user designed protocols
- Radial Backplane Clock Support for OpenVPX backplane signals AUXCLK and REFCLK
Front Panel I/O
- Wild FMC+ (WFMC+) next generation IO site based on FMC+ specification
- Accepts standard FMC and FMC+ cards (complies to FMC+ specification)
- Up to 32 HSS and 100 LVDS connections to FPGA
Mechanical and Environmental
- Available in Extended Temperature Grades
- Air or Conduction Cooled path
- RTM available for additional I/O
Founded in 1982, Annapolis Micro Systems is the leader in FPGA-based super-high-performance systems utilized for signal processing applications for defense and commercial requirements.
Annapolis systems are truly COTS-based due to the development of a breakthrough product line – WILDSTAR™ – and ecosystem – WILD40™ – that feature unprecedented interoperability, scalability, and forward/backward compatibility.
All Annapolis products are engineered and manufactured under one roof in the United States. This co-location of engineering and manufacturing allows for better quality control and production flexibility, and significantly more aggressive delivery schedules.
Time to market is also accelerated by Annapolis’ Open Project Builder™, an open application development tool that significantly simplifies and speeds programming.
Learn more at https://www.annapmicro.com/
Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc.
190 Admiral Cochrane Drive, Suite 130
Annapolis, Maryland 21401 USA
For info, email to [email protected] or Call: (410) 841-2514