APPROVAL OF NEW VITA STANDARD
The VITA 66.5 working group has completed the draft and has voted to take this draft through to the VITA public review approval process for eventual ANSI approval.
Consensus body registration for voting for VITA approval of the following draft standard for the approval process is now open:
DRAFT/VITA 66.5-2022x – Optical Interconnect on VPX Standard – Hybrid Variants
Abstract: This document describes an open standard for configuration and interconnect within the structure of [VITA 66.0] enabling an interface compatible with [VITA 46.X] containing blind mate optical connectors with fixed contacts on the Plug-In Module and floating displacement on the Backplane.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CONSENSUS BODY Currently, this consensus body needs voting members from the following interest categories in order to be able to proceed with this process. The consensus body will be vetted to ensure it meets balance, lack of dominance and openness rules. Following which a formal ballot will be sent to the consensus body for voting.
- Producer: An appropriate participant designs, develops, or manufactures products using this standard.
- User-Industrial/Commercial: An appropriate participant is using this standard in an industrial or commercial application
- User-Government/Military: An appropriate participant is a representative of a government agency using this standard in a government or military application.
- Research: An appropriate participant is involved in research or consulting that may use this standard.
- General Interest: An appropriate participant is an interested party not necessarily involved in producing, directly using, or acquiring product using this standard.
Please note that company membership in VITA is NOT a requirement to join this consensus body. This registration is open to both VITA members and non-members. You must register via this form if you wish to participate in the upcoming ballot. There is no fee to join this consensus body.
In the case that you believe this standard needs a revision, please indicate so in the comments field of the registration form and be prepared to sponsor and actively participate in the revision effort. If you are selected for the consensus body, you may provide minor editorial comments during the balloting.
Please register ONLY IF you intend to vote. The VITA policies and ANSI Function can be found on our governance page at http/www.vita.com/Governance.