SAN DIEGO, CA, February 1, 2005 – Phoenix International Systems Inc., proven leader in harnessing data storage technology to provide superior, rugged and reliable COTS data storage solutions, today unveiled its first Fibre Channel Storage Area Network (SAN) System, the Phalanx SAN, at AFCEA West 2005 in San Diego.
Phoenix’s Fibre Channel SAN System delivers the advantages of a Storage Area Network — increased data accessibility, performance and speed, ease of data management and scalability to meet increasing data storage needs _ with a high performance, fault-tolerant system of redundant components and subsystems for total system reliability.
The basic Phoenix Fibre Channel SAN Storage System features a 2 Gb/sec fibre channel fabric switch, with an 8 port (expandable to 64 ports) configuration and one terabyte of RAID data storage (expandable to 60+ TB). In addition, the system supports multiple operating systems and seamless backup capabilities to multiple archival devices and combination of devices.
Major components and features of the basic Phalanx Fibre Channel SAN starter kit include:
· 4U Ruggedized 200MB/sec Dual Port RAID System
· Single Active (Dual Active, Failover/Failback option) Controller
· 1TB Storage Capacity expandable to 60+TB
· Stackable Fibre Channel Switch
· 8 2Gb/sec fibre channel ports scalable in 4 port increments to 64 available user ports
· 10Gb/sec Switch Interconnection Ports
· 2ea 2Gb HBAs
· 8ea 10 Meter Optical LC Cables
· 8ea SFPs
· Redundant, Hot-Swap Power Supplies and Cooling Fans
· Pervasive Interoperability
· Non-Blocking Full Bandwidth Architecture
· Low Latency
· Host Lun Mapping
· Fabric Zoning
· I/O Stream Guard (RSCN suppression for data streaming applications)
· Management GUI and Failover Software
· Optional Transport Case
Phoenix International has been designing and building Rugged COTS data storage systems for any application – from Multi-Terabyte RAID and Storage Area Network configurations to plug-in VME and Compact PCI storage modules – since 1993.
For further information and pricing, contact Amos Deacon III at (800) 203-4800 or at [email protected].