Pittsburgh, PA.(WebWire) April 29, 2009 – Proxicast (www.proxicast.com)
Proxicast Cell-Pak — Instant Secure Broadband Internet Connectivity for Mobile Teams Without Wires or Power.
Designed to provide mission-critical wireless communications, the Proxicast’s new Cell-PAK 3G + Wi-Fi HotSpot in a box is a wireless “grab & go” solution that provides mobile wide-area cellular Internet connectivity (WWAN) and local 802.11 a/b/g Wi-Fi access (WLAN) in an easy-to-deploy portable form-factor. The Cell-Pak features Proxicast’s commercial-grade LAN-Cell 2 mobile 3G cellular router.
When the wired communications infrastructure is unavailable, damaged or overloaded, the Proxicast Cell PAK provides crucial fast, effective and reliable high-speed cellular broadband communications. The Proxicast Cell-PAK can be a vital wireless link for first responders and others facing tough communications challenges during hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes or other natural and man-made disasters. In situations involving emergency response, humanitarian assistance and disaster-relief, the Cell-PAK is a rapidly deployable complete 3G wireless mobile communications center.
The Cell-PAK is a rugged, self-contained, battery-powered, portable Wi-Fi HotSpot with built-in 3G cellular Internet access. Its impact and water-resistant MIL-spec rated case and on-board power pack are designed for prolonged operation in harsh environments. The Cell-PAK can connect to any available Internet service including DSL, cable or other Ethernet-based networks; to any serial modem-based service including POTS lines and satellites; or the LAN-Cell’s PC-Card slot can accept a 3G modem from any cellular carrier worldwide. The Cell-PAK automatically switches to the best available service.
The Cell-PAK platform features an intelligent power management system that provides 12+ hours of continuous battery operation on a single charge. It operates on 12 VDC and can be powered by AC, DC, vehicle, generator or solar power and recharges while in operation. External antenna jacks and the included high-gain antennas provide additional flexibility for maximizing both cellular and Wi-Fi signal reception in even the most challenging situations. Keep a Cell-PAK charged up and with the flip of a switch, high-speed wireless communications is available whenever and wherever it’s needed.
Key Cell-PAK Features
• Ultra Rugged Molded Copolymer Plastic Case
• Meets MIL Spec C-4150J • Def Stan 81-41/STANAG 4280
• ATA 300 • Ingress Protection (IP)
• Impact Resistant – Drop Tested From 4 Feet
• Crushproof, Water-Resistant and Dust Proof
• External Battery Pack Charging Port (12 VDC) • AC adapter included
• Long Range Cellular Antenna + High Gain Wi-Fi Antenna
• 12 Volt – 8 AH – Battery Pack (12+ hours of LAN-Cell 2 runtime)
• Quick Charge System – Recharges Battery Pack in less than 3 hours
• Non-Stop Operation – Recharge Battery Pack while in operation
• Electronic Multi-Segment LCD Battery Level Meter
• Multiple Charging Status LEDs & Master Power Switch
Much more than just a SOHO 3G router and a battery in a suitcase, the Cell-PAK is specifically designed for the award-winning Proxicast LAN-Cell 2 mobile 3G cellular router and delivers the same unmatched flexibility and enterprise-class security for wireless communications. It is engineered for both maximum performance and ease-of-use. The Cell PAK is available with an integrated LAN Cell 2 3G cellular router or as an accessory for existing LAN-Cell 2 3G routers.
The LAN-Cell 2 mobile 3G cellular router is a rugged commercial-grade 3G cellular router with enterprise-class routing, security and VPN features that allows multiple PC’s, laptops, webcams, controllers, PLCs, VoIP phones and other Ethernet-based devices to simultaneously share a single cellular data account for primary or backup connectivity. Every LAN-Cell 2 includes 4 LAN, 1 WAN and 1 Serial ports along with an integrated 802.11 a/b/g Wi-Fi access point, full VPN end-point capabilities, military-grade encryption ( 3DES / AES ) and X.509 PKI certificate support.
Based on an open and upgradable PC-Card (PCMCIA) modem architecture, the LAN-Cell 2 is compatible with all major worldwide cellular (wireless) carriers and standards including (CDMA) EVDO Rev A, EVDO Rev 0, 1xRTT (1x) and (GSM) HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, WCDMA, EDGE and GPRS. The LAN-Cell 2 supports high speed PC-Card modems from manufacturers and network operators such as Sierra Wireless, Novatel Wireless, Huawei, Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Alltel, Telus, Bell Mobility, Digicel, Vodaphone, Orange, O2 and many others.
Typical Cell-PAK Applications
• Emergency Management Communications
• Disaster Management & Relief Efforts
• Mobile Military & Defense Applications
• Federal, State & Local Law Enforcement
• First Responders & Relief Aid Workers
• Mobile Security & Surveillance
• Police, Fire & Emergency Vehicles (EMS)
• Boats, Ships & Other Marine Vessels
• Construction Sites & Work Sites
• Road Warriors & Mobile Workers
• Homeland Security & Disaster Recovery
• Humanitarian Aid & Assistance
• Public Safety & Transportation Applications
• Video Surveillance, Webcams, PTZ cams & Security
• Temporary Off-Site Work Teams (e.g. auditors, engineers)
• Insurance Adjusters
• Mobile Retail & Credit Card Processing
• Portable Traffic Monitoring & Control
• Mobile Medical Patient Monitoring
• Backup For Wired Internet Connections
The Cell-PAK rugged portable 3G + Wi-Fi HotSpot in a box is available for immediate delivery worldwide directly from Proxicast and through select resellers. For more information visit: www.proxicast.com/products/Cell-PAK-Feat.htm
Press photos are available at: www.proxicast.com/press/PR-Photos-Cell-Pak.htm
Proxicast designs and manufactures innovative, commercial-grade, secure wireless communications equipment that enables customers to increase productivity, enhance security, improve operational efficiency and reduce on-going communication costs. Proxicast focuses on wireless equipment for use with all major worldwide cellular standards including (CDMA) EV-DO Rev-A, EV-DO Rev-0, 1xRTT (1x) and (GSM) HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, W-CDMA, EDGE and GPRS. Some cellular carriers include including Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, Alltel Wireless, AT&T Mobility (Cingular), T-Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility, Telcel, Orange, Vodafone, O2, Telstra and others. In 2003, Proxicast introduced the revolutionary and award winning, LAN Cell Mobile Gateway, the original cellular router, which is in use at thousands of mobile and stationary application sites around the world. Proxicast is based north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is a privately-held corporation founded in 2000.