AYER, Massachusetts, January 27, 2010 -Hybricon Corporation, a world-class solutions company providing integrated system solutions, electronic enclosures, backplanes, card cage assemblies and subsystem interconnect Packaging for Military, telecom, medical, and commercial applications, announced today that it has released two new development product families focused on increased performance, expanded power options, backplane compatibility and cost effectiveness.
The air cooled Smart Open Frame and Tower Development Chassis each come in both a 3U and 6U version and feature the following capabilities and configurations:
• VITA 65 OpenVPX compliant backplanes and development chassis
• VITA 68 compliant VPX backplanes at up to 6.25 Gbaud rates
• Backplanes supported: VPX (OpenVPX, VPX and VPX REDI), VXS, cPCI, VME and VME64x
• Backplanes are interchangeable between the Open Frame and Tower Chassis
• Selection of power supplies up to 900W for 3U
• Selection of power supplies up to 1200W for 6U
• Smart power supply control interface option available for Open Frame
• Extreme Cooling up to >150W/slot per OpenVPX (VITA 65 Compliance options)
• Initial slot configuration options available:
– 6 slot 3U VPX 1” pitch
– 5 slot 6U VPX 1” pitch
– 3 & 8 slot 3U VME J1
– 4 & 8 slot 6U VME64x
– 3 & 5 slot 3U cPCI
– 3 & 5 slot 6U cPCI
– 8 slot 6U VXS
• Support for Rear Transition Modules (RTMs) per VITA 46.10 (for VPX) and IEEE 1101.11
“Our goal in developing and releasing these product families was to provide a high performance and cost effective approach to supporting OpenVPX (VITA 65) and other standard backplane development from the same chassis platform”, says Bob Sullivan, Hybricon’s CTO. “Hybricon is an active member in both the VITA 65 Working Group and The VPX Marketing Alliance and has a solid roadmap of new VPX (OpenVPX, VPX and VPX REDI) products that will be entering the market throughout 2010.”
For configurations not listed please contact us.
Hybricon is a world-class solutions company providing integrated system solutions, electronic enclosures, backplanes, card cage assemblies and subsystem interconnect packaging for military, telecom, medical, and commercial applications. Excelling in custom engineered enclosure solutions and standard offerings alike, Hybricon products are built on the cornerstones of a deeply ingrained quality culture. Hybricon is the industry leader in backplane design, offering the newest technologies for OpenVPX, VPX, VXS, VME, VME64X, CompactPCI, Rugged MicroTCA, and custom bus structures. Hybricon is a 100% U.S. owned and based corporation located in Ayer, MA. As an ISO 9001:2008 / AS9100 Registered company, Hybricon is dedicated to ensuring the highest level of quality – a necessity for products that must be able to function anywhere, anytime. For more information please visit Hybricon at www.hybricon.com.