OpenSystems Media (OSM), LLC today announced its upcoming E-cast Linux Panel Discussion: Challenges and Solutions for Today’s New Technology Advances moderated by Curt Schwaderer, Technical Editor, OpenSystems Media. Linux has swept across mobile, appliance, enterprise, and desktop platforms with great success. However, as new disruptive technologies such as multicore, virtualization, System-on-Chip proliferate, the great unknowns lie with how incorporating these technologies affects Linux development costs and schedules.
The panel discussion will address the tough issues of incorporating new technologies for Linux and how they impact the decision to partner for a Linux solution versus maintaining a Linux solution in house. Software engineers, system engineers, and engineering managers are invited to participate in the E-cast covering what it takes to roll your own Linux implementation, issues, and trade-offs with choosing the right Linux partner for your product line.
In the webinar, attendees will learn:
• Where project teams get the most value out of using Linux – integration of open source packages or focus on value add features
• New advances in technologies such as real time, virtualization, multicore and security
• Some of the black holes for engineering cycles – testing, tools, bug fixes, and maintenance
Wind River and Venture Development Corporation will be available for a Q&A session immediately following the E-cast.
• Who: Curt Schwaderer, Technical Editor, OpenSystems Media (E-cast Moderator); Glenn Seiler, Senior Director of Linux Product Management, Wind River and Steve Balacco, Director of Embedded Software and Tools Practice, Venture Development Corporation
• What: Industry experts from Wind River and Venture Development Corporation present a live OpenSystems Media E-cast, “Linux Panel Discussion: Challenges and Solutions for Today’s New Technology Advances”
• When: Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. EDT
• Where: To attend the E-cast, participants can register at ecast.opensystemsmedia.com/
About OpenSystems Media
OpenSystems Media has been a leading publisher of electronics magazines, e-mail newsletters, websites, and product resource guides for more than 20 years. OpenSystems Media offers E-casts and Techcasts for engineers and provides interactive tools where engineers can communicate directly with presenters and top industry editors. Current publications include: CompactPCI, AdvancedTCA, & MicroTCA Systems; DSP-FPGA.com; Embedded Computing Design; Industrial Embedded Systems; Military Embedded Systems; PC/104 and Small Form Factors; and VME and Critical Systems. For more information, visit www.opensystemsmedia.com.